I still drink my iced coffee every morning. Though, I am the odd one that chooses to order a decaf coffee at seven in the morning. As I may feel foolish for ordering decaf, I know I am making the right choice. Around December of this past year I finally realized what was making me so jittery all the time, caffeine. My thoughts were constantly rushing through my head and all through stopping to drink caffeine didn’t completely take away my anxiety, it helped.
Soon after I stopped drinking caffeine, I found myself yawning more than usual. It was hard. I would want to reach for a nice glass of soda and realized I can’t. Would I rather be a little tired but content or jittery or worried for the rest of the day? They say it takes three weeks to kick a habit, and I’m so glad I kicked caffeine out of mine.
It’s now easier to sleep when I’m tired, because when you’re stressed, you usually have thoughts running through your head constantly. I don’t need a drug to wake me up in the morning, hence the addictiveness of caffeine has me hooked since I was only eight or nine. Even now, my Mom no longer drinks caffeine because she has also realized the harmful affects it has on the human body.
- Consuming caffeine at night mimics the symptoms of insomnia
- Overconsumption of caffeine leads to headaches and even migraines
- The Journal of the North American Menopause Society recently conducted a test concluding women experiencing menopause are higher likely to experience worse symptoms that consumed caffeine.
- Caffeine can lead to anxiety and depression, even to some extent where anti depressants are needed.
- As caffeine is found in most soda and sugary drinks, caffeine is a link to obesity and diabetes. I know find myself going straight to a refreshing class of water instead of the soda bottle for a drink.
- Caffeine reduces fertility in women. A study by University of Nevada School of Medicine conducted that caffeine can reduce your chances of getting pregnant by 27%.
I can truly say I am so happy to kick caffeine out of my diet. It is something that is slowly killing so many people and people should be more aware of what they are putting into their bodies.